Webinar: How can SMEs take climate action?
How can SMEs take climate responsibility? Where should this work start and what kind of climate goals should SMEs aim for?
White paper 2022: Getting the claims right
How to make credible and transparent net zero or carbon neutrality claims? What is the role of compensation in corporate climate targets? Read more on our white paper.
White paper 2021: Reforming the voluntary carbon market
90% of carbon capture projects fail our criteria – but why? Carbon capture is only useful if done well: our white paper outlines where that works needs to start.
Guide to purchase high integrity carbon offsetting
For offsetting to truly make a difference, it must be done well. In this guide, we present a checklist for companies that are purchasing carbon offsetting. There are, for example, these kinds of challenges with carbon credits:
- The potential deforestation threat in protected areas can be based on intentionally exaggerated predictions
- The uncertainties related to carbon projects haven't been mitigated with risk diversification and/or overcompensation
- The predicted future climate impact of the project is unsure. For example, we cannot know what will happen to trees that have been planted today.
Webinar recording: How to set your climate targets?
More and more corporations have made climate commitments. However, due to the lack of standards and common definitions, companies have difficulties in setting their goals and aligning their actions with climate science and the Paris Agreement. In this webinar recording we:
- Share insights on what needs to happen to ensure high integrity corporate climate claims
- Reveal the main findings of our white paper, Getting the Claims Right
- Take a closer look at the role of carbon offsetting in reaching corporate climate targets
Webinar recording: How to purchase high quality offsetting?
In this webinar, our Chief Impact Officer Niklas Kaskeala discusses about characteristics of a good carbon credit. We present some of Compensate's carbon projects and tell more about why we have decided to include these projects in our portfolio. We also discuss what kind of climate claims companies can make when they have compensated for their emissions.
This webinar is suitable for all companies and organizations that are interested in carbon offsetting and want to ensure that their investment has the true climate impact.
Carbon offsetting helps Ålandsbanken with climate goals that aim to net zero emissions by 2050
How Compensate supported LSE becoming the first Carbon Neutral verified university in the UK
Biochar evaluation criteria to help Compensate select the most sustainable projects on the market
Get the latest on all things climate, carbon capture and offsetting
Our newsletters come in two versions: tailored for businesses or for individuals. So whatever your interest, sign up to get the latest learnings and insights on carbon emissions, the climate and compensating.